Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fascinating things, everywhere I look.

We just finished our first full day of training. It went really well (more about that later), but I wanted to post this picture first.

This is a restaurant I saw today. You're probably wondering why I posted it. Well, the restaurant down the street serves chicken, and it has a chicken on the sign. This restaurant has a picture of...um...I guess that's a black lab. Draw your own conclusions. Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

We had a full day of training pastor-trainers today. These men (and one woman) travel all over the country, training others. We're only working with a few, but they're impacting hundreds of others. And those hundreds impact thousands. I love the math.

The few (and the hundreds) are telling people all over the country about Jesus. They're starting churches in tribal areas where there are no churches. They're distributing food to starving widows. They're training leaders in the neighboring country, where the soldiers sometimes kill pastors just for being pastors. And all in a country where the church faces severe persecution. It's a privilege to be part of this.

I guess eating dog isn't the most interesting thing happening in this city. (And I didn't eat at that restaurant, by the way...)

No comments:

Post a Comment