Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let's Use Every Tool in the Box.

I've had a few people ask me about yesterday's post- "Are you anti-crusade?" or "Do you think that large rallies are bad?"

Let's be clear about this. I am NOT opposed to those things. God has used them extensively all over the world. As we travel to other countries, I love the opportunities we get to speak to large groups.

I'm simply saying that there is a deeper methodology needed IN ADDITION. Unless the work is increasingly done: 1) by the nationals, and 2) in a manner which will multiply it's impact, we can't win the battle. Even the people who lead the large meetings agree- they realize that there is a great need for strong local churches with local leaders.

In fact, I've rethought my math from yesterday. I said that, using large rallies, we could reach the entire nation of Ethiopia in 500 years. That's not right. The actual situation is much worse. Because the population of Ethiopia is increasing by approximately 6,000 people per day. We'd have to reach that many JUST TO KEEP PACE.

So here's my suggestion- what if Christians around the world committed themselves to the Great Commission, and we used every tool at our disposal to pursue that goal: large rallies, pastoral training, compassion ministries, etc.? We know that our God is powerful enough to accomplish it. Let's join in, full-hearted and full strength. I wonder what would happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment