Tuesday, March 10, 2009

finishing strong

I'm getting ready to speak tomorrow at Dodoma Assemblies of God Bible college in Dodoma, Tanzania. I've spent most of the day traveling through the countryside, passing numerous small villages. The students i'm speaking to will be serving in villages just like that - many of them already are. So the question is, what can I possibly have to say to them? I've lived a sheltered, privileged US life. I'm tired after 9 days of travel and ministry. And yet, i'm confident that God has brought me here. Please pray for me that I would find direction and strength (and that I would speak slowly enough for them to understand).
Whenever I approach the end of a trip, it's a dangerous time. I'm emotionally, physically, and spiritually exhausted. I miss my family. I'm ready to go home. But I need to finish strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment